Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Cleveland, O-H-I-O

To clarify, my alphabet game win over Drew was a nailbiting come-from-behind affair in which he held a V-U advantage before I tied it up at Y and recognized that we were following a car called a RENDEZVOUS and spotted the Z for the win. The crowd went nuts. To ease the suspense that I'm sure many of had wondering if we made the game in time, we DID (thanks to some excellent driving by, um, yours truly, not a big deal really). We strolled in during the national anthem and were in our seats for the first pitch. The White Sox edged the Indians 6-5 with Cleveland stranding runners on second and third to end the game. Jacobs Field is b-e-a-utiful.
We had some down time so we went to the science museum where we each got our asses handed to us by a flight simulation game. Then we ran into Alyssa and Caitlin at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. They showed up out of nowhere, we couldn't believe it. The hall of fame had some pretty cool stuff, saw a couple videos, and it's right on the water. Marshall tried to sweet talk his way onto the Johnny Cash bus, but the girl working security had none of it. He threw his best lines at her, but apparently these laid back country folk are are pretty stubborn. I only wish I could resist his boyish charm.
After that we tried to lose the girls. But to no avail. We ate some pizza and drank some (soapy) beer.
We just watched the end of the Celtics win for game 5. And we are tired. I just lost a rosham for the bed here at Drew's parents' friend's house. So it's the floor for me. Luckily I could sleep pretty much anywhere right now so it won't matter.
Chi-town tomorrow baby.

Oh and Cooperstown was awesome. Drew and I both got packs of baseball cards. My was better because I got a piece of gum AND a So Taguchi card. How Taguchi is he?

-E

2 comments:

Matt said...

I bet Caitlin and Alyssa showed up "out of no where" the same way that whenever we went into davis last summer with streaks we would "magically" go to the same bar as all the sunset girls. Yea I said it.

Mass Exodus Journeymen said...

zing......